Marketing and International Business Open Rank Professor
Location: Atherton, California
Atherton, CA 94027
Marketing and International Business Open Rank Professor
Reports to: Dean, School of Business
Position Type: Full-time, 12-month
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Application Deadline: Preference given to applications received by October 15, 2023. Position open until filled
Target Start Date: August 1, 2024
Starting Salary: $100,000 for an Assistant Professor/DOQ
The School of Business at Menlo College seeks well-qualified applicants for a full-time faculty position in the area of marketing and international business, at a rank appropriate to the applicant’s credentials. The selected candidate will teach in and be expected to contribute to the development of courses primarily in the two related disciplines referenced above.
The ideal candidate must have successfully earned a research doctorate in one of the respective areas by the start date of August 1, 2024. Current doctoral students should be on track to complete all degree requirements by July 31, 2024.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual eager to collaborate on developing and delivering innovative, practice-oriented learning experiences, teaching at the undergraduate level, and actively participating in a community of scholars. The business world is undergoing significant transformation, with Silicon Valley in the Bay Area at the epicenter of these changes. Here at Menlo College, we have a remarkable opportunity – and responsibility – to prepare our students to impact this ever-evolving world positively.
We strongly prefer candidates with substantial relevant work experience or research directly related to the practice of their discipline. The ideal candidate will have the interest and aptitude to build relationships with organizations in Silicon Valley and the greater San Francisco Bay Area, and a desire to participate in courses and programs closely aligned with marketing and international business, including project-based collaborations between students, faculty, and local organizations. Preference will be given to candidates that, next to their expertise in marketing, also have a teaching and research focus on international business.
Expectations of the Ideal Candidate
• Demonstrate evidence of teaching experience and a strong potential for teaching excellence, and a desire to work in a collaborative, team-teaching setting. Possess scholarly research interests in marketing and preferably international business.
• Exhibit an interest in and an aptitude for building relationships with organizations in Silicon Valley and the greater Bay Area.
• Excited about collaborating to develop and deliver innovative, practice-grounded learning experiences to undergraduate students.
• Equipped with substantial relevant research directly related to the practice of their discipline and preferably with related work experience.
• Motivated to participate in courses and programs that are closely aligned with current topics in marketing, including project-based collaborations between students, faculty, and local companies/startups.
• It is expected that faculty will teach eight courses per academic year, unless they qualify for course releases that Menlo College makes available to encourage research, scholarly, and creative work.
• Undertake and publish scholarship that is grounded in marketing practice, with at least one peer reviewed journal article published per semester.
• Engage actively in shared governance and other service assignments to the campus.
• Mentor and advise undergraduate students.
• Contribute to curriculum assessment as needed.
• Participate in a collaborative and supportive environment with colleagues with substantial business experience and research expertise.
• Participate in courses and programs that are project-based collaborations between students, faculty, and local companies.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Generous benefits package provided.
About Menlo College
Menlo College is a diverse and tight-knit community of exceptional, involved people. Our mission is to: “…ignite potential and educate students to make meaningful contributions in the innovation economy.” We attract students from all over the world who are committed to learning, playing intercollegiate sports, starting and leading organizations, and making an impact in their communities.
Continuing an unbroken streak for more than a decade, Menlo College was named to the most recent Princeton Review “Best Colleges” list, recognition given to only 12% of all colleges and universities in the U.S. Menlo College was also ranked #11 in Money for Best Business Colleges in the U.S. Menlo College is designated as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and an Asian American and Native American, Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI). Only 1% of all colleges and universities in the U.S. achieve this dual recognition.
Our campus is located 30 miles south of San Francisco, in Silicon Valley – one of the world’s most entrepreneurial and innovative locations. Silicon Valley is renowned as an innovation incubator with exceptional opportunities for experience-based learning.
Menlo College’s School of Business offers bachelor’s degree programs with nine majors, and two graduate degree programs. Menlo College has accreditation from AACSB and WSCUC.
Submission of materials as PDF attachments is strongly encouraged. Interested and qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, CV, teaching evaluations, and two letters of recommendation via email to the Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Menlo College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity. All prospective Menlo College employees are required to satisfy a background check, as well as clearance annually for the operation of a motor vehicle on behalf of Menlo College. As we are an in-person campus, we require proof of full vaccination and a booster or approved exemptions for COVID-19