The Ventura Port District, an equal opportunity employer, is advertising to fill the position of Accountant I. The Accountant I position is a member of the District’s Administration Team.
If you are interested in this position, please visit https://venturaharbor.com/Jobs/ and return the application by Friday, May 3, 2019 by 5:00PM by email to email@example.com or by mail to Ventura Port District, 1603 Anchors Way Drive, Ventura, CA 93001. You may submit a résumé and a few supporting documents, such as certificates, letters of recommendations, etc.
All applications and materials will be reviewed to determine if a candidate meets the minimum requirements for the position. As such, it is imperative that the application be completed in its entirety and that the candidate signs the application. Statements such as “see resume” will result in disqualification.
The job application, resumes and all other written materials of those candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be reviewed. The most highly qualified candidates will be invited to an initial interview to evaluate and compare participating candidates' knowledge, skills and abilities in relation to those factors which job analysis has determined to be essential for successful performance of the job. If you are selected for an interview, we will contact you with the date and time.
The Ventura Port District strives to maintain a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug screening is required for this position. Candidates will also be subject to a background investigation prior to a tentative offer of employment. The Ventura Port District will also comply with any ADA requirements.
A Job Description for this position is attached. The salary range is $4,221 - $5,909 per month. Placement within the salary range may be dependent on factors such as experience, education, and training.
About Ventura Port District
The Ventura Port District is an equal opportunity employer with 36 full-time employees. It is governed by a five-member Board of Port Commissioners appointed by the City of Ventura. It is also the owner/operator of Ventura Harbor Village, a 32.67 acre commercial, office and marina complex.
Some of the responsibilities and obligations of the District are:
• The safety and security for all harbor water and land areas, which are provided by the Harbor Patrol.
• The maintenance of all public and non-leased District lands and properties.
• Operation and maintenance of the public boat launch ramp, the dry-boat storage facilities, parking lots, restrooms and public events.
• Leasing and tenant relations with an array of lessees, including dispute resolution.
• Management and operation of the Ventura Harbor Village.
• Marketing and promotion of the Ventura Harbor.
• Development of unused and underutilized District assets.
• Master Planning for the future of the District and the Harbor.