OMWD is seeking experienced candidates for the position of Safety/Risk Compliance Administrator. This at-will exempt position reports directly to the Human Resources Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Assists supervisors with safety training and ensures all departments are in compliance with pertinent local, California, and Federal rules and regulations. Prepares the Safety Committee agendas and conducts regular Safety Committee meetings. Provides new hire safety orientations including an updated and concise employee safety manual for all employees. Works in unison with professional safety agencies and other public agencies to obtain and exchange current developments in providing a safe work environment pertinent to District operations. Coordinates and maintains employee health and wellness programs. Leads the training and coordination for the Emergency Response Programs. Administers loss prevention programs and addresses problem areas for both workers’ compensation and general liability; staying abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of risk management and safety. Makes policy recommendations regarding safety and risk operations and procedures. Monitors programs for compliance with existing and new laws; analyzes and reviews policies and programs and coordinates changes with management. Investigates and follows up on workers’ compensation issues including auto accidents and customer property incidents.
Education: Associate’s degree with an emphasis in environmental health, occupational safety, loss reduction and control or a related field, or high school diploma or equivalent and four years experience in administering safety compliance programs. Standard First Aid and CPR certifications are required. Experience: Two years of increasingly responsible experience administering an occupational safety or related program. Knowledge of current applicable local, California and Federal safety codes and regulations. A State of California Water Distribution Operator D1 certification and experience in water treatment or wastewater treatment is preferred.
Olivenhain Municipal Water District is a public agency providing water, wastewater services, recycled water, and hydroelectricity. The District also operates the Elfin Forest Recreational Reserve.
OMWD has a competitive benefits package including:
• Medical Insurance (100% District paid for family)
• Dental Insurance (100% District paid for family)
• Vision Insurance (100% District paid for family)
• Life and Accidental Death or Dismemberment Insurance (100% District paid)
• CalPERS Retirement Plan (2.5% at 55 for “classic” members or 2% at 62 for “new” members)
• Long-term disability (50% District paid)
• Vacation: 1-5 years = 96 hours per year
• Holidays: 10 days + 3 floating holidays (28hrs/yr after 12 months of service)
• Sick Days: 96 hours per year
• Education Reimbursement of $2,000 per fiscal year
• Deferred Compensation (457 Plan)
• 125 Flexible Spending and VEBA Accounts
• 9/80 Work Schedule
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Employee Wellness Programs and On-site gym
• And a great work environment!
BACK TO TOP
1112 "I" Street, Suite 200 Sacramento CA, 95814 877.924.2732 | 916.442.7887