Under direction, oversees and coordinates the operations and services of assigned community recreation programs including sports, aquatics, youth, seniors, instructional classes, or recreation programs, events, and activities; assesses needs, plans, implements, supervises and evaluates program instructors and other program staff.
We currently have one (1) opening in our Senior Center; however, the eligibility list established for this recruitment will be good for one (1) year and can be utilized to fill other openings in the same classification.
1. A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in recreation, physical education, public administration, or a related field.
2. Two (2) years of increasingly responsible technical and supervisory experience in recreation program coordination.
3. Possession of a valid California driver's license. For out-of-state candidates, we will accept an out-of-state driver's license at the time of application; however, a California driver's license must be obtained by the time of appointment.
4. Possession of, or ability to obtain within three (3) months of employment, appropriate, valid CPR and First Aid certificates.
5. Possession of, or ability to obtain within three (3) months of employment, appropriate, valid certification in Lifeguard Training, Lifeguard Instruction, Lifeguard Instructor Trainer, Water Safety Instruction, and Water Safety Instructor Trainer when assigned to water programs or facilities (not required for the current opening in the Senior Center).
We will accept online applications through 9/3/18. For complete information and to apply online, click the “Job Opportunities” link on the City’s website at: www.ci.antioch.ca.us/human-resources/
About City of Antioch
“The Gateway To Community" Antioch Recreation Department mission is to unify and strengthen our
community by creating quality experiences that inspire lifelong learning. Come play, come learn and grow with us.
BACK TO TOP
1112 "I" Street, Suite 200 Sacramento CA, 95814 877.924.2732 | 916.442.7887