Chief Executive Officer, Eden Health District: Eden Health District was established in 1948 to build and operate Eden Hospital, a community hospital to serve residents of Castro Valley, San Leandro, San Lorenzo, Hayward and nearby communities. Governed by a publicly elected Board of Directors, the District’s mission is to improve the health of the people in our community by investing resources in health and wellness programs.
The Chief Executive Officer reports to a five person elected Board of Directors and acts as duly authorized by the Board to perform the functions of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for the District. The CEO’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide leadership in all aspects of the operations of the District.
- Lead the planning and direction of the District's operations under the direction of the policies of the District.
- Attend all Board and Committee meetings as required. Prepare, present and submit periodic reports reflecting the operational and financial activities of the District to the Chair and Board of Directors.
- Maintain effective working relationships with the community, media, regulatory agencies, and professional associations as an advocate of District interests.
- Hire, train and support the staff of the District (either as employees or as contractors) to perform the work of the District.
- Perform other services which may be deemed necessary or appropriate by the Board of Directors or Chair or which may be necessary for the proper operation of the District.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary will be dependent on qualifications, background and experience. The position is contracted directly with the Board of Directors and all aspects of employment are subject to negotiations.
Retirement: The District participates in a defined contribution 457 program with up to a 5% match.
Health, Dental, and Vision: The District provides employees and dependents health, dental, and vision care insurance plans. Medical, dental, and vision is paid by the District up to a maximum of $1,500 per month.
Life and Disability Insurance: The District provides life insurance, as well as short term, and long term disability insurance.
More information about Eden Health District is available on its website: www.ethd.org.