The Central Contra Costa Sanitary District, a progressive public utility, is seeking a Shift Supervisor. This position will supervise the daily operation of the District’s wastewater treatment facility including primary, secondary, tertiary, and solids treatment processes. Duties include training and evaluating plant personnel, scheduling work assignments, maintaining records and logs, and monitoring chemical usage.
A District application and supplemental questionnaire must be filed by March 27, 2017, at 5:00 p.m. For a detailed job description and application, visit our website at: www.centralsan.org.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Encouraging Workplace Diversity
Education and Experience:
• Four years of experience in a wastewater treatment facility of which two includes supervisory responsibilities and experience in the operation of a wastewater treatment facility.
• Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.
Licenses & Certificates:
• Possession of a valid California Driver’s License. A valid out of state driver’s license will be accepted during the application process. Must possess a valid California Driver’s License within 90 days of appointment.
• Possession of a Grade IV California Treatment Plant Operator’s Certificate or must be obtained within 24 months of appointment.
Special Physical Requirement:
• May be required to respond in an emergency. Must be able to wear full face and S.C.B.A. respirators weighing 32 pounds. Must be able to hear audio alarms and/or see flashing alarm lights.
Career Compass is a monthly column from ICMA focused on career issues for local government professional staff. These articles, written by Dr. Frank Benest, ICMA’s senior advisor for Next Generation Initiatives, are provided by CSDA as part of its sponsorship of the Cal-ICMA Coaching Program. Topics range from developing leadership skills to navigating office politics.