OMWD is seeking candidates for the position of Meters Supervisor. This exempt position reports directly to the Customer Services Manager. This at will position is responsible for supervising field services staff engaged in meter maintenance, meter reading, and customer service. The salary range is $6,035 - $9,058 monthly.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Directs the installation, reading, troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, and replacement of potable and recycled water meters and metering systems.
Directs and coordinates responses to complex customer complaints and/or potential leaks.
Directs and coordinates the inspections and repairs related to meter maintenance, automated fixed base and drive-by meter reading systems, and customer service issues.
Coordinates customer notification and “highlines” water service in conjunction with the Engineering and Operations departments.
Directs the operation and maintenance of the District’s leak detection monitoring systems.
Manages meter reading routes, methods, procedures, and processes.
Ensures technicians obtain correct reads for water utility exception reports.
Researches and recommends changes on business processes to improve work efficiency regarding department operations and procedures.
Oversees the implementation of strategic goals and policies.
Makes all work assignments and reviews results; manages labor resources effectively, conducts evaluations, provides training and feedback, and documents performance.
Ensures compliance with applicable regulations and all safety procedures.
Plans and works within budgetary guidelines for assigned areas of responsibility.
Minimum of seven years of progressive experience with at least three years in a lead or supervisory capacity. State of California Water Distribution Operator D3 certification is required and State of California Water Treatment Operator T2 certification is desirable; a Water Technology certification is highly desired. Valid California driver’s license and proof of insurability are required.
Olivenhain Municipal Water District is a public agency providing water, wastewater services, recycled water, and hydroelectricity. The District also operates the Elfin Forest Recreational Reserve.
OMWD has a competitive benefits package including:
• Medical Insurance (100% District paid for family)
• Dental Insurance (100% District paid for family)
• Vision Insurance (100% District paid f...or family)
• Life and Accidental Death or Dismemberment Insurance (100% District paid)
• CalPERS Retirement Plan (2.5% at 55 for “classic” members or 2% at 62 for “new” members)
• Long-term disability (50% District paid)
• Vacation: 1-5 years = 96 hours per year
• Holidays: 10 days + 3 floating holidays (28hrs/yr after 12 months of service)
• Sick Days: 96 hours per year
• Education Reimbursement of $2,000 per fiscal year
• Deferred Compensation (457 Plan)
• 125 Flexible Spending and VEBA Accounts
• 9/80 Work Schedule
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Employee Wellness Programs and On-site gym
• And a great work environment!
Career Compass is a monthly column from ICMA focused on career issues for local government professional staff. These articles, written by Dr. Frank Benest, ICMA’s senior advisor for Next Generation Initiatives, are provided by CSDA as part of its sponsorship of the Cal-ICMA Coaching Program. Topics range from developing leadership skills to navigating office politics.