Nipomo Community Services operates one water system and two sewer systems; one serving the Town Division and one serving the Blacklake Division. The following services are provided to our residents: Water, Wastewater (sewer), Solid Waste franchise, Street Lighting in the Blacklake Division, Drainage (limited area).
The Nipomo Community Services District’s mission is to provide its customers wit...h reliable, quality, and cost-effective services now and in the future.
NCSD Vision Statement
- has sufficient water supplies to meet current needs and is actively planning for and funding future needs
- has investments in our infrastructure to maintain reliable and efficient services
is practicing environmental stewardship to protect our resources
- has substantially upgraded and continues to upgrade water and wastewater systems to accomodate new water supplies and meet growth and regulatory requirements
- is sustaining a qualified, long-term and productive workforce to assure an effective organization
- continues conservative, well managed finances reaching incremental targeted reserve goals
- achieves a high level of public support through public outreach
- has improved relationships with local agencies, regulators and providers
- has constructed and is operating at least one neighborhood park.
Career Compass is a monthly column from ICMA focused on career issues for local government professional staff. These articles, written by Dr. Frank Benest, ICMA’s senior advisor for Next Generation Initiatives, are provided by CSDA as part of its sponsorship of the Cal-ICMA Coaching Program. Topics range from developing leadership skills to navigating office politics.